Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Calendar :: Downloads :: Sections :: Links :: FAQ   

Contributions for site expenses gratefully accepted.

Online Summary

There are 1 unlogged user and 0 registered users online.

You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CapeDoryBobOffline
Post subject: Salt Water Washdown Pump  PostPosted: Mar 07, 2011 - 11:30 PM

Boat Summary: "Elephant Shoes" #157. Moored in Huntington Harbor, LI NY. Repowered with 4cyl Yanmar diesel-240HP
I do a lot of fishing aboard Elephant Shoes and would like to install a S/W washdown pump that would mainly be used in the cockpit. I would like to hear from other CD owners that have S/W washdown pumps onboard. I would be interested if finding out where the pump was mounted and where the thru hull was placed for the intake?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob

Reply with quote Back to top
bamartin06Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2011 - 12:05 AM

Boat Summary: "Sea Otter" Hull #131, Wakefield, RI, 1987 Flybridge Cruiser
Bob, although I don't have a S/W washdown pump... yet, I can pass along this bit of info.. I've been working on upgrading my black water collection setup and have decided to plumb the head directly through to the holding tank. This allow elimination of the "Y" valve and about three feet of hose. It also frees up the 1.5" direct discharge seacock under the vanity. Others have told me this is the perfect location for the installation of a S/W pump. Good luck.

jackOffline
Post subject: Salt Water Washdown Pump  PostPosted: Mar 23, 2011 - 02:41 PM

I plan to mount a pump under the head vanity and plumb it to the raw water intake for the head with a "T" fitting. I had the same arrangement on a previous boat and it worked fine. I'll mount a Jabsco stainless flush deck fitting with a quick connect hose bib on the port side deck.
Jack

jackOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2012 - 10:05 PM

I did install a salt water pump as described in my post of March 23, 2011; i.e. pump mounted under the head vanity, plumbed to the head intake line and discharged through the bulkhead and hanging locker and thus up through the deck to a flush, quick connect hose fitting on the port side deck. I used the pump throughout a summer of cruising the Maine coast and can report that it work very well.
jack

Jump to: