Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Calendar :: Downloads :: Sections :: Links :: FAQ   

Contributions for site expenses gratefully accepted.

Online Summary

There are 3 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
calusaOffline
Post subject: Aft cabin door rollers and pins  PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 - 12:28 PM

Boat Summary: "The Calusa:, Hull #057. Repowered w/ 315 Yanmar - by Niemiec Marine, New Bedford, MA and the owner
The aft cabin door rides on a set of rollers that are pinned to the bottom of the door they roll on a bronze rode fastened into the bottom of the door track. Has anyone found a source for these rollers, pin and screws that holds them into the bottom of the door.

Don Shephard
5851 Myron Road
Grant Township, MI 48032
dlshephds@aol.com

Reply with quote Back to top
larryfellOffline
Post subject: RE: Aft cabin door rollers and pins  PostPosted: Feb 12, 2009 - 04:24 PM

Boat Summary: "White Sand", Hull #167. Panama City, Fl, 1989FB
Don: I looked in MSC's handy 4550 page industrial catalog (2007) and found polyethylene round sheaves on page 3749. I don't know what size to look for---For example the 1.5" dia X 1/2" outside width (inside radiused for 1/4"round belts) x 1/4 bore costs $5.69 plus shipping. The 2" dia is $6.81. Their number is 800-645-7270. Hope this helps. Larry

CapeDoryBobOffline
Post subject: RE: Aft cabin door rollers and pins  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2009 - 08:43 PM

Boat Summary: "Elephant Shoes" #157. Moored in Huntington Harbor, LI NY. Repowered with 4cyl Yanmar diesel-240HP
Don & Larry,
Thanks for the research Larry.

I am in the process of redoing my aft cabin door this winter and have the removed the nylon rollers. Although they are still useable, I am also looking to replace them.
Mine measure:
1 11/16" OD
1/2" wide
3/8" bore
1/4" inside radius

I started looking but have not come across this size yet. Are yours the same size? If I can find the correct size I will let you know.

Bob

Jump to: