Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Calendar :: Downloads :: Sections :: Links :: FAQ   

Contributions for site expenses gratefully accepted.

Online Summary

There are 2 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wlpxa24Offline
Post subject: Cape Dory Maintenance  PostPosted: Nov 30, 2011 - 07:17 AM

Hello, new to sailing and this forum. My wife and I have been sailing for just 3 months, but are drawn to finding a place in the water to fill with money. By in large we gravitate toward the cruising end of the sailing spectrum, and have been researching the Cape Dory line up 25D, 27 or 28 boats. Can anyone out there address the issue of cracking of the balsa core deck, and how best it could be repaired if present? Also, if you have any thoughts on common points of neglect in these boats that would be good to check for in the survey it would be appreciated. It seems all the original equipment diesels in the line up are a little sketchy when it comes to current manufacturers support and parts. I love working on small simple diesels like this, but from the sound of it, when one of these comes out for overhaul, you are better off going with a new production fresh water cooled engine.
Thanks in advance.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: