Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Calendar :: Downloads :: Sections :: Links :: FAQ   

Contributions for site expenses gratefully accepted.

Online Summary

There are 4 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JoeBoaterOffline
Post subject: Capping off an unused Spartan seacock  PostPosted: Mar 17, 2010 - 10:25 PM

Boat Summary: "Mariner II", Hull #047. 1986 28 Flybridge. Shipwright Harbor, Deale, MD
I removed the plumbing from my holding tank to the overboard pumpout. This cleared out quite a bit of sanitation hose running from the tank to the vented loop in the hanging locker and back to the discharge seacock. This leaves the seacock with nothing attached to it.

Is there a recommended way to cap off a spartan seacock? It's the barbed type, not threaded. For the time being, I have a small section of hose clamped to it, with a barb-to-thread adapter on the end, and then a screw cap on that. Or should I just not bother -- close the seacock and remove the handle?

I know that the real answer is to install a washdown pump, putting the seacock to good use. But in the meantime, I'd rather not sink my boat.

Reply with quote Back to top
brandywineOffline
Post subject: RE: Capping off an unused Spartan seacock  PostPosted: Mar 20, 2010 - 01:48 AM
Ask Clive Moderator

Boat Summary: "Brandywine", Hull #219. Hailing Port: Providence, RI Home Port: Annapolis, MD 1991 CD28 FB
Let's install a really powerful wash down pump! With 1.5" inlet hose, we should be able to remove paint with that nozzle!

That's an afternoon project... Mark

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: