Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Calendar :: Downloads :: Sections :: Links :: FAQ   

Contributions for site expenses gratefully accepted.

Online Summary

There are 6 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CapeDoryBobOffline
Post subject: Galley Faucet  PostPosted: Jun 09, 2008 - 03:51 AM

Boat Summary: "Elephant Shoes" #157. Moored in Huntington Harbor, LI NY. Repowered with 4cyl Yanmar diesel-240HP
I had a leak from from my galley faucet and removed it. It is a Delta single lever faucet and may be original. Looks like it is a Delta model #101 and sells for about $70. Has anyone changed there faucet and installed a different model or different style galley faucet?

Thanks,
Bob

Reply with quote Back to top
JoeBoaterOffline
Post subject: RE: Galley Faucet  PostPosted: Jun 09, 2008 - 11:37 AM

Boat Summary: "Mariner II", Hull #047. 1986 28 Flybridge. Shipwright Harbor, Deale, MD
Hi Bob,
I replaced mine two years ago. I scoured Home Depot, Lowes, etc for something that would fit, but wasn't happy with anything I found because the arms were too long for the little sink basin on our boats. I ended up buying one from a marine store (cha-ching!). Ultimately, I'm glad, it's a nice faucet (for about $110 I think). I like the pull-out feature. It also has a button that switches it to spray, but on my boat the water pressure isn't enough to keep it on spray.

FWIW, you can repair the Delta. Most hardware stores will sell the repair kit, I think. There's a little set-screw on the handle for disassembly.

-Joe

CapeDoryBobOffline
Post subject: RE: Galley Faucet  PostPosted: Jun 09, 2008 - 08:52 PM

Boat Summary: "Elephant Shoes" #157. Moored in Huntington Harbor, LI NY. Repowered with 4cyl Yanmar diesel-240HP
The leak was due to a stripped fitting connecting to the faucet. The only reason I am replacing the faucet is when it was installed, one of the copper feeds was crimped and now is green. So I figured I would replace it before it becomes a problem.

I was hoping some one installed a single lever faucet with a goose neck type of neck so it would make washing dishes easier. Just a thought being the old one is out.

Thanks for your suggestion, Joe.

Bob

CapeDoryBobOffline
Post subject: RE: Galley Faucet  PostPosted: Jun 21, 2008 - 02:26 AM

All,

Just an FYI...

I replaced the faucet with the same Delta faucet that was originally installed. It is a Delta 101-WF Faucet/chrome with a life time gaurantee. I ordered it through Home Depot and had it delived to my door for a total of $81.08 plus tax. (You could find it cheaper on the net, but I was not sure the model was the same at the time & Home Depot has a good return policy.)
I installed it in under an hour and it works great with no leaks! Very Happy

Bob

Jump to: