Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Calendar :: Downloads :: Sections :: Links :: FAQ   

Contributions for site expenses gratefully accepted.

Online Summary

There are 5 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bpikeboatsOffline
Post subject: Replacing Spray Rails  PostPosted: Sep 28, 2017 - 06:30 PM

Boat Summary: Looking for a Cape Dory 28 Flybridge
Does anyone have any information on how to remove and replace spray rails on a CD 28 FB? I have the rails but am leery of removing the old ones...I fear breaking off the backing strip or strips inside the hull when putting torque to the attachment bolts. Thanks in advance.

Bill

Reply with quote Back to top
SeahorseOffline
Post subject: RE: Replacing Spray Rails  PostPosted: Oct 01, 2017 - 12:07 PM

Bill, I had my spray rails replaced this past spring. The original ones were damaged by the marina when they hauled the boat without blocking the rails. They replaced them with a new wider rail and I have to say I like it. Boats a bit drier now. My 28FB is an 87. CD used what looks like glassed in pads to screw into. I dont have a backing strip. You can see the pads in the head, v-berth locker etc. New ones were thru bolted in some spots, screwed in in others. But the rails are completely bedded in 4200 or 5200. Not sure which. Wish we could post pictures on this site. Looked like old ones were a bear to get off. Lots of adheisive behind them.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: