Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Calendar :: Downloads :: Sections :: Links :: FAQ   

Contributions for site expenses gratefully accepted.

Online Summary

There are 4 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MacDuffOffline
Post subject: In Hull Transducer  PostPosted: Nov 29, 2016 - 08:30 PM

Boat Summary: Took ownership of Pearl Hull #18(formerly City Girl II) June 2016. Newington, NH
I have a 1985 CD 28 Flybridge Cruiser and want to add a depth sounder for the flybridge helm station. Does anyone know if that year model can support an in hull transducer? I'd rather not cut another hole in her hull or add a transom mount transducer.

Reply with quote Back to top
tomkielyOffline
Post subject: RE: In Hull Transducer  PostPosted: Nov 30, 2016 - 03:08 PM

Boat Summary: Irenicon is a 1989 Flybridge Hull # 192. Her home port is Manchester, MA
I own a 1989 Flybridge model that came with 2 thru-hulls. I installed a new thru-hull for the salon helm station before leaving MA on a trip down the ICW to FL. The flybridge transducer expired on the return trip, and rather than go through the cost and delay to haul out and install a new thru-hull, I went with an in-hull replacement. It has worked out fine so far (3rd year).

I would guess that the lay-up schedule and other factors would be the same for both the 85 and 89 production years.

Tom

MacDuffOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 30, 2016 - 08:39 PM

Boat Summary: Took ownership of Pearl Hull #18(formerly City Girl II) June 2016. Newington, NH
Thanks. I figured that without a core it would work but was looking for a response from someone who had experience with it.

MacDuffOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2017 - 04:05 AM

Works perfectly!

Jump to: