Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Calendar :: Downloads :: Sections :: Links :: FAQ   

Contributions for site expenses gratefully accepted.

Online Summary

There are 3 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MacDuffOffline
Post subject: Installing a Shower  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2017 - 02:33 AM

Boat Summary: Took ownership of Pearl Hull #18(formerly City Girl II) June 2016. Newington, NH
I purchased my 1985 CD 28 FB last May. It did not have a shower. I'm I safe to assume that I can put a floor drain in and run a discharge hose to the bilge where the bilge pump can discharge the grey water? Or, do I need to put a trey under the drain and install a pump to send it over board? I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has installed a shower.

Reply with quote Back to top
tomkielyOffline
Post subject: RE: Installing a Shower  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2017 - 02:00 PM

Boat Summary: Irenicon is a 1989 Flybridge Hull # 192. Her home port is Manchester, MA
MacDuff - FYI my 1989 Flybridge model has a dedicated sump for the shower. It is located under the steps leading down from the salon. If your's does not have one, it would be relatively easy to create. I would send you some pictures, but I'm in Florida until May and the boat is in MA. Perhaps another member could take a few pictures for you.

Tom

MacDuffOffline
Post subject: RE: Installing a Shower  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2017 - 02:24 PM

Boat Summary: Took ownership of Pearl Hull #18(formerly City Girl II) June 2016. Newington, NH
Tom,
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure there's no sump for a shower and there's no noticeable access through the steps to that area on my boat. She's in storage right now, so I can't get into her to confirm. I see you're out of Manchester. I'm just up the coast in Newington, NH. I'll look for Irenicon this summer.

tomkielyOffline
Post subject: RE: Installing a Shower  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2017 - 02:42 PM

Boat Summary: Irenicon is a 1989 Flybridge Hull # 192. Her home port is Manchester, MA
They must have made changes sometime after your boat was built. In mine there is a "sump" that runs from the bow to the bulkhead before the engine that can be accessed through 2 hatches in the floor. The box that is part of the stairs can be pulled up to expose access at the aft end. If you want some pictures for future reference, send me an email at "tomkiely1@outlook.com" in May, and I will forward. We spend a few nights each year on a mooring at Kittery Point Yacht Yard, so I'll keep the eyes peeled for Pearl.

MacDuffOffline
Post subject: RE: Installing a Shower  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2017 - 08:12 PM

Do you have a water pump for that sump. If so where does it exit the boat?

tomkielyOffline
Post subject: RE: Installing a Shower  PostPosted: Jan 29, 2017 - 12:06 PM

There is a small Rule bilge pump. I can't remember the exact routing, but the discharge hose runs to a thru-hull above the waterline approximately amidships.

Jump to: