Page Loading... please wait!

This message not going away?
Ensure Javascript is on and click the box
Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Calendar :: Downloads :: Sections :: Links :: FAQ   

Contributions for site expenses gratefully accepted.

Online Summary

There are 4 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You are an anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vibound2000Offline
5 Post subject: Sliding Windows  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2012 - 12:52 AM

OK ~ How long before everyone is tired of my questions? I will apologize ahead of time.

We headed out today and hit some rough water which caused a copious amount of water to splash onto the starboard sliding window. Water quickly poured into the cabin. It would seem to me that the forward portion of the sliding window should be on the "outside" rather than the inside track which would prevent the water from coming in.

Is this a design flaw or simply a production screw up with hull #200.

Just wondering.

St Thomas, VI

Reply with quote Back to top
JoeBoaterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2012 - 09:54 PM

Boat Summary: "Mariner II", Hull #047. 1986 28 Flybridge. Shipwright Harbor, Deale, MD
I don't think we'll get tired. Very helpful to hear about potential problems and solutions...

On mine, forward window is indeed in the outer track, and the sliding portion (in the middle) is in the inner track. There is a rubber gasket type thing between them that helps too. If I spray mine with a hose from the front, no water gets in. From the back, a fair amount gets in.

-Joe

vibound2000Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hull 200 only has two windows on each side. The one to aft is fixed in place. The forward window slides to the rear and is mounted in the inside track. It does have a gasket of sort. I I spray wanter back to front it doesn't leack. If I spray water (or have the ocean spray hit it) from forward to rear it leaks badly.

Just wondering about the design and if others have experienced the same issue and what they have done to take care of the problem.

St Thomas, VI

Jump to: